There’s nothing better than warm, comfort foods in the fall and we have just the recipe to do that! This recipe is so easy and healthy- it will have everyone at your dinner table cleaning off the plate!
2 large or 4 small chicken breasts organic/
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, place in garlic, olive oil and some vinegar
1/2 cup of roughly chopped spinach
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup feta cheese
Pinch of pepper and Sel Gris Sea Salt
1 jar of sun-dried tomatoes, you will use 3-4 tomatoes per breast
1 garlic clove, diced
Pinch of oregano, thyme or rosemary
- Cut fat from chicken breast completely and place into ziplock bag along with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper, minced garlic and herbs.
- Place the bag in the fridge and let it marinade for 20 minutes to an hour or overnight if you have the time (this is the best because it truly tenderizes the meat)
- After removing it from the bag, grab a large sharp knife, and cut a pocket in the chicken breast straight down the middle.
- Heat up a pan and sauté about 2 cups of spinach with 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Start with about 5 to 7 sun-dried tomatoes.
- Next, place the sautéed spinach on the tomatoes.
- Finally, throw on the mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Close the chicken with toothpicks so that nothing falls out when you cook it.
- Grab a pan, put some oil in it, and cook the chicken under low-medium heat. You can also place chicken breasts in a baking pan and roast in the oven at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.
- Depending on the size of the breast, it can take anywhere from 7 to 20 minutes.
- Cook until caramelized.
Enjoy this awesome and hearty recipe!