Don’t know what to make for dinner but looking for a healthy and rather easy option? Okay, give up now because we have you covered with this awesome, simple and healthy recipe by Chef Cat inspired by fresh seasonal vegetables, hearty flavors and something warm as we proceed into the fall season. This dish is so easy and delicious, you will be happy you made extra for the week! Give it a try:
– 6 oz. of skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into slivers
– 2 larger zucchinis, cut into quarters
-1 large red or orange bell pepper, cut into small cubes
-4 large carrots, cut into long strips
– 1 handful of micro greens or sprouts
-5 green onions, chopped
-2-3 baby bokchoks, cut into slivers
-1 handful of mushrooms, we used shiitake
-1 tsp. of roasted sesame seeds
-2 Tbs. of soy sauce
-1 cup of broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
-A drizzle of Japanese Sesame oil for garnish
- Place extra virgin olive oil into sautepan and start to heat up on low then proceed to medium heat.
- Once the heat begins to radiate from the pan, add chicken breasts, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and bump heat to medium-high heat. Cook until browned about 5-10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in a separate large skillet or wok over medium-high heat; cook and stir in all vegetables (leave micro greens for the end) for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables and sauce to a large bowl and wipe skillet clean.
- Serve by garnishing with sesame oil, micro greens and sesame seeds!