Fall weather calls for heart-warming recipes and flavors that represent the season- give this recipe a try on a cold day & everyone will be delighted!
- 4 medium potatoes, skin on, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2-3 carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 c. fresh mushrooms
- 2-3 chicken breasts, thighs or your favorite chicken parts
- 5 TBS. of Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oill
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 can of tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 c. tomato paste
- 1 TBS. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme leaves
- 2 TBS. Traditional 18 Year Balsamic Vinegar
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When very hot, add the first measure of olive oil to the pan.
- Season chicken all over with salt and pepper & other spices (garlic powder/paprika, etc.), then sear a few pieces at a time in the pan, only turning when one side is a deep golden brown. Transfer to the dish and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and add olive oil and onions. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until onion starts to colour.
- Add garlic, cooking for another few minutes. Add red wine, stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, vinegar, sugar, vinegar and other vegetables. Stir to combine, then pour over chicken and potatoes.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 2 hours.
- Serve with torn fresh basil leaves and fresh bread
You can certainly use a crock pot for this recipe if you have one! ENJOY!