The holidays are a wonderful time to try new flavors and mix herbaceous notes with more sweet ones. This salad is not only unique yet
it has a delightful flavor profile especially when you try our vinaigrette with it! Give it go and watch your guests mouths drop open!
5- large red beets
5- large yellow or orange beets
2- blood oranges
1- sprig of dill, rosemary or any herb of your choice
4-5 Tbs. of Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3-4 Tbs. of Premium White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbs. of Herbs de Provence Mustard
A pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and pepper
- Place beets into small pieces of aluminum foil, add a drizzle of Blood Orange EVOO inside the foil on the beet, wrap tightly and place on baking tray. Place beets in oven and roast on 375-400 degrees depending on the power of your oven for about 35-40 minutes. Beets will be fork tender when ready. Allow to cool before using.
- Cut and peel oranges into small cubes and place into bowl while beets roast.
- Open aluminum foil and peel beets then cut into small cubes similar in size to the oranges. Place in bowl with oranges.
- In a separate bowl, whisk blood orange evoo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper until you achieve a uniform consistency.
- Drizzle vinaigrette on salad and sprinkle dill or herbs of choosing. Finish with goat cheese if you desire and serve!