There is nothing better than a quick and healthy dinner focused around fresh ingredients. We are obsessed with Thai Lettuce Wraps and you should be too! By pairing the Garlic EVOO and Pineapple Balsamic together, we’ve created a beautiful pairing that will delight any of your guests!
- 2 Tbs. Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 c. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. Pineapple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbs. freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbs. Sriracha (optional)
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style.