Valentine’s Day is known for chocolate, chocolate and well, lets not forget flowers too… however, this V-Day we’re going to give you a recipe thats much healthier (than eating a whole box of chocolate) and totally different. This dessert is so easy anyone can do it!
2 c. fresh strawberries
1 can of full-fat coconut milk or you can do 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
4Tbs. of unrefined sugar, raw honey or granulated sugar-depending on your preference
*** If you plan to use coconut milk, place the can at least 24 hours in advance in the refrigerator so separation of “fat” and liquid of the coconut. You will be using the fat and you can save the liquid for another use)***
- Take strawberries and blend in a food processor until somewhat smooth then add 2 Tbs. of the sweetner you prefer. Blend until uniform consistency appears and is silky smooth.
- In a blender or Kitchen Aid, begin to blend either coconut fat or whipping cream until a smooth, creamy consistency starts to form. Remember if you’re using heavy whipping cream that you should be mindful how long you whip the cream because it will eventually turn into butter.
- Reserve some of the puree aside for later to use as a garnish. Begin to fold or slightly mix strawberry puree with cream gently as to not disturb the chemistry as the two items come together. Once entirely uniform, scoop into serving cups and place into refrigerator with a plastic wrap on top.
- Let the mousse set at least 2 hours in the refrigerator and the longer the better. Be mindful this mousse has NO THICKENING AGENTS so it is essential that once removed to be eaten, it must be enjoyed right away.
- Once served, garnish with more puree, whipped cream or even a drizzle of Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar or Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar!
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!