Everyone loves Thanksgiving for it’s savory flavors and homecooked goodness with all its traditional dishes. We’re here to knock your socks off with this recipe that will fit your Thanksgiving routine and beat some of old versions….
ROASTED RED BEETS & GREEN BEAN SALAD
4 Tbs. Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Herbs de Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, minced
2 tsp. Sel Gris Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbs. Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar, Cinnamon Pear or White Balsamic Vinegar (plain)
1-2 Tbs. of goat cheese, feta or any cheese you like
* Add a sprinkle of slivered walnuts or nuts of your liking
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut off ends of green beans and place in a bowl. Try to cook the green beans and begin the roasting process at the same time.
2. Wrap beets individually in a piece of aluminum foil and before enclosing, drizzle olive oil onto each beet. Meanwhile, in a steamer or pot of hot water throw green beans in to cook about 5-10 minutes to cook depending on how crunchy you want them!
3. Place the cut beets on a baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, rotating once or twice until tender. (Check by poking a knife into the beets!)- try NOT to overcook them: they should be firm and have some tenderness too!
4. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, peel with a peeler or knife, cut into small cubes and place in a bowl. Add green beans and toss lightly, then add remaining 4 Tbs. of olive oil and vinegar, salt/pepper, goat cheese and walnuts. Toss well and serve alongside your turkey!