Fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, rounds of fresh mozzarella, garden picked basil, salt, pepper, a nice grassy extra virgin olive oil and a drizzle of traditional 18 year balsamic vinegar…. drooling yet? No worries, we’ve got you covered with the recipe and it’s simple, easy and healthy! Serve this salad at your summer get-togethers and watch people go back for seconds all because the extra virgin olive oil and traditional balsamic are the rockstars!
Don’t change anything on this classic recipe and enjoy the way the flavors come together!
- 1.5 pounds best-quality ripe tomatoes, mixed sizes, at room temperature
- 8 to 12 ounces best-quality fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces, rounds or shapes you like
- 4 Tbs. of Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil (you can use any in our collection however, we recommend strong/robust oils!) or Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt or Coarse sea salt
- Coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 Tbs. of aged Traditional 18 year Balsamic Vinegar